Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Dive!

This evening, I will take the bus (964) to Fuddrucker's for games with SDBG.  I will beg other attendees for a lift home, as my car is parked on the street.  If I take it to Fudd's, it's not unlikely that I'll not find another parking space for the night that will be anywhere too close to home.

The carpark at my condo is being repaved.  Not re-tarred, but actually repaved.  The asphalt is being dug up and the soil underneath will be fortified before fresh concrete is poured and asphalt laid on top to form the finish surface.  At least that's the way they'll do it if they're going to do it properly, but I have my doubts as to whether the new paving job will be done well...

Anyway, that's the residential news from my neck of the woods.  Something that I look forward to doing tomorrow is diving at La Jolla Shores in the morning.  I packed (most of) our dive gear in the back of my car and it's ready to go.  The only things I could not find were Peter's gloves and hood.  He'll look for them before coming over to spend the night.  The other thing I didn't pack was his camera setup, as it's kind of a "thing" in itself and requires him to set it up to make sure it's ready to go.  Who knows, though?  He might not take the camera, depending on conditions, though he's much more gung-ho about diving than I am and will happily wade into surf that would discourage me if not wiping me out before I get beyond it.  I remember one dive in which I lost my mask the first time getting in, and ended up borrowing a mask from another dive buddy, Jackie, to make the dive.  I've lost my share of gear to the ocean, for sure, if not to lightfingered divers on boats I've been on...

I've been diving once this year (last week!), and Peter's not been diving since before Thanksgiving. We're looking forward to a boat dive near the end of this month.  It'll be a day trip departing from Long Beach (I think) to a couple/few oil rigs, upon which there is abundant sea life, including scallops, some of which I'm hoping to harvest and taste.  First, though, I'll need to find myself a new dive knife, as mine was lost from its sleeve on my drysuit when I had my neck seal replaced last year...

I need to replace my dive knife and my backup light (I lost mine on a boat about a month after buying it, which was a great disappointment).  I will look online.  I'll write about the dive if anything worth noting occurs.


No comments:

Post a Comment