Thursday, June 5, 2014

Last Day of Pastries and Desserts Class

Yesterday was the last meeting of Pastries & Desserts.  On Monday, the summer term begins and I will explore Advanced Bakeshop Skills, which is described as learning baking theory and practicing production techniques.  Could come in handy.  I'd asked Jake which class I ought to take to learn how to make puff pastry and ladyfingers, and he said, "Advanced Bakeshop Skills."  He also recommended taking it at the West City campus, because the kitchen there is superior to the one at the Educational Cultural Complex, where I'd taken Pastries & Desserts with him.

We made baklava (with prepared phyllo dough from a box, of course;  similarly, we'd used store-bought ladyfingers last week for tiramisu) for our final class meeting.  Fortunately, the two women I'd liked most from the class, Sonya and Sarah, were friends and actually asked me for my phone number.  I exchanged phone numbers with them.  They both live in Golden Hill, east of Downtown (San Diego).  When the baklava that I'd prepared with another young woman, whose name I've forgotten now, came out of the oven, it looked really nice and well-baked.

Yikes!  In a spate of clearing files from the camera's memory card, I deleted the photos I'd taken of our lovely baklava!  Oh, well;  I suppose that just means I'll have to make another one sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment