Sunday, March 8, 2015

Back from SF

We returned from San Francisco Friday night, and went to La Jolla Shores for a morning dive on Saturday.  Of course, in order to do this, we had to:
1.  get my car to carry our dive gear (Peter's car is too small to carry all of my gear in addition to his);
2.  drive up to his place to pick up our gear;
3. pack up all the gear and pack it into the back of my car;
4.  return to my place, since there was no way we were getting up early enough to get ourselves set up and leave his house ready to be shown to potential buyers;
5.  eat dinner; and
6.  get a modicum of sleep.

We managed to get it all done, though we did rise later than desired and did not eat anything (though we did have two cups of black tea) before heading to the Shores for a morning dive.  It was not the most technically perfect dive on my part, but the visibility was good and the surf practically nonexistent.  We separated for the evening (I attended Barbara's Bunch with Kat in the evening and played games until almost 10:30, when I thought it appropriate enough to say goodnight).

This afternoon, Peter came to our flat with our gear (which he'd rinsed last night after coming home), ready for a mid-afternoon dip in the ocean.  Kat walked with us from the flagpole to the far end of the concrete walk and back.  Virginia Hatter was nowhere to be seen, so Peter texted her, telling her we'd baked - each of us - in preparation for the picnic potluck.  But it was not to be, so Peter and I prepared and made our dive starting near Vallecitos Point, swimming to the South Wall and exploring a little around its crags and shelves.  Found a family of lobster hiding underneath a canyon edge, but the bright lights from Peter's camera strobes caused them to retreat into their crevice.

By the time we'd returned to our flat, it was getting dark.  Peter headed home in his truck, and I walked up with Kat to our flat to organize laundry and for me to collect gear to take back to Peter's for rinsing.  Since it was dark by the time I arrived at Peter's, we've decided to postpone rinsing the gear until the morning, as it's much easier to do with natural light than in the cold dark night.  The only thing is that we'll need to do this early, since I'm attending a Meetup at ten in the morning.

That means it's time for bed, doesn't it?

Yes, it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment