Sunday, March 1, 2015

GDC This Week

Tomorrow afternoon, Peter and I will be flying up to San Francisco for this year's Game Developers' Conference at the Moscone Center.  Once again, I will have the luxury of traipsing through the city district between Nob Hill, Chinatown, the Ferry Building, and I-80.   I may venture out of this region, depending on how 1.  adventurous I feel;  and a.  how much I feel like walking...

I'll have access to the district's branch of my gym, where I will sweat it out as much as I choose.  This will be a great relief, for I've been laid up this past week with a cold that I'd caught from Peter last weekend.  It'll feel good to return to a regular exercise regimen, even if it'll be adjusted to accommodate what will likely be slightly different equipment.

As part of his work, Peter will, once again, be making press announcements and giving interviews during the week.  I might luck into a day pass with which I may peruse the various vendors' installations, where I will see what kind of swag is on offer.  Last year, one vendor gave away large (say, around 16-20" diameter) purple latex spheres with handles.  They were essentially the same as what I remember as "Hippity-Hops" as a child.  Although they're cute, they're not exactly packable as given, and I didn't see an easy way to compress or deflate one without permanently damaging it.  Also, I'm using a smaller suitcase this year, as well.  Peter'd purchased two small carryon-sized suitcases.  Both can fit into the boot of his car, meaning we can take his car to the airport and leave it for the week while we're away.  Last year, we'd taken a taxi because he was departing for London directly from GDC while I was returning to San Diego.  This year, we'll be returning together. [insert smiley face]

Tonight, we will dine on beef and mushroom pies that he'd made last night, with some rosemary roasted potatoes, accompanied by a nice Tempranillo which we'd first tried during our December trip to England.

Enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment